Job Description and other Qualifications – BI Data Engineer
University Degree (preferably specializing in science/tech)
PMP/PgMP certification will be a plus
Agile, Scrum, Kanban, ITIL, Six sigma, Atlassian tools, other related certifications will be a plus
Certification on top data platforms will be desirable
Data engineer to work closely with business and manage end to end data engineering tasks. Project manage bother scheduled and adhoc needs
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Data engineer is required to perform various tasks briefed out as below
- Identify, plan and clean unstructured data across various sources within the tech stack
- Actively troubleshoot with long term fixes for data integrity issues. Validate and own data completeness, correctness and timeliness to meet business needs. Should create and manage documentation for all solutions.
- Actively resolve marketing and business data issues (ongoing)
- Perform testing activities to ensure that ETL development meets reporting requirements
- Define rules to load and transform source data into logical data structures
- With direction, manage reporting and analysis elements on all business initiative projects
- Map out data dependencies
- Design, develop, test, documents and maintains database queries and reports
- Work with customers to define and document reporting requirements to enrich reporting capabilities.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends and patterns in complex data sets
Evaluate Business projects
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase
Knowledge, skills and abilities
Relevant work experience and knowledge of top data platforms is a must.